Sometimes I need to return to an otherwise finished project and tweak or fix some aspect that isn’t working. The latest was a minor but annoying issue in the candy shop.
I’m not sure if it was just from the weight of the jars or whether it suffered a bit of damage in the move, but the wall shelf in the candy shop was starting to sag:
(Excuse the untidy background of my work table.)
The shelf was originally attached with super-sticky tape adhesive. But as you can see, the front edge was beginning to sag downward. Every time I noticed it, I would try to push it back into the proper position, but soon it would be angled downwards again.
So I decided that I needed to shore it up a bit. I measured and cut some bass wood to create a bracket at each end to help hold the shelf horizontally. A bit of paint and some glue later, the shelf looked much better:
So not a big project, but a good one for peace of mind.